Friday, April 15, 2011

Giving this living thing a try.

So here's the deal...
I have spent the last six years in college.  I have been immersed in the world of academia.  Presentations, finals, internships, foreign languages, labs, papers after papers after papers, and the dreaded group projects.  I even got to the point where going to the financial aid office didn't bring me to tears.  You name it I've done it... except fall asleep in class.  Not once in nineteen years of school did I ever fall asleep in class, not even in Old Testament after lunch in a dimly lit auditorium.  (Not gonna lie, I'm kind of proud of myself for that.)  This had been my world for many years, always studying, always working towards that diploma, on the go from early in the morning to well into the night.  

Then I found myself at home one evening last August having finally completed my 500th hour of my internship wondering what on earth I was going to do with myself.  There was no paper to write, no test to study for, no client to meet.  Not only that but I had no hobbies, only a handful of friends who still remembered I existed, and a husband who had learned to be rather self-sufficient in the last couple of years as his wife appeared to have abandoned him. (Love you always, Seth) Here's the thing... I don't know exactly what the future holds for me and that kind of freaks me out, but I don't want life to slip away from me while I am figuring it out.  So, I'm trying some new adventures.  This week it is gardening.  I have also been known to go into a baking craze.  Lord help us all when I decide to repaint our kitchen cabinets.  
With all that said, I hope to share those adventures with you and possibly amuse you from time to time as I figure out this whole life thing. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment